OK LADIES- IT’S DAY 1 of 31 Days to Organize Your Home
Join me in doing these three things today:
1. choose 1-2 things on your counter that COULD be stored in cupboard to clear counter space. Now, move em!
2. pick one cupboard to clean out- today it’s the glasses/cups. Get rid of some mugs, glasses or old well-worn kid’s cups. How many of these do we actually need? Not 20 mugs! Not a kid’s cup with a hole in the plastic! Not those wine glasses with dust on them!
3. Find at least three things in your pantry you don’t use and throw them out or put them in a bag and hang them on your back door to give away.
THERE! That was easy! Join me tomorrow for day two! Off to my kitchen I go….
Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.
(Colossians 3:23-24 ESV)
Today we are going to piggy-back on yesterday a little and give ourselves some liberty to tackle those areas that are unique to our kitchen. And honestly, don’t be AFRAID to get rid of something because you think you’ll need it back. Make sure your organizational pendulum isn’t swinging too far to the KEEP SIDE and also not too far to the GET RID OF EVERYTHING SIDE. If you need to, now is a good time to get some accountability from a close friend! Oh kay- here we go:
1. Hows the counter top looking? Still dissatisfied? Maybe by clearing out another cupboard you can store a few more of those “eye-sore-counter-top-clutter-bugs”. If you haven’t pulled everything off your counter and given it a good clean in a while, today is the day! Crumb buddies like to collect behind toasters and coffee pots for regular meetings- they can have their next one in the garbage!!
2. Tackle the un-reachable cupboards today. Where’s the dust? Is keeping these unreachable things a must? Let that stuff go! Grab your Good-will box and turn on your good will! Don’t just get rid of junk, get excited to get rid of really nice things that you just don’t need!!!!
3. Where else are you storing pantry items, snack foods around your kitchen- try to organize in a way that condenses everything to the same area. Too many cans, bags and boxes? You are either shopping too much or not taking a stock of what you have before going to the store…hmmmm…just a little food for thought 🙂
you can join me in doing these three things today:
1. choose 2-3 drawers or cupboards that over filled and re-arrange and use some tough love and get rid of a few things to open up some space! We don’t need overflowing containers of forks, spoons, knives, kid utensils…Which cool gadgets are sitting in your drawer that are never used… avocado peeler….etc.
2. Head to the pantry and tackle another shelf or two. Make sure to take the ripped bags and either throw them out or move the contents to container. There’s no excuse for chaos! A trip to the dollar store for containers can be just what’s needed!
3. Take 5 minutes to shift some stuff around in your fridge, throw out the stuff from the back of the fridge and do a quick wipe down. If it needs more than that plan a time to pull everything out and do a deep clean either today or tomorrow. It’ll feel OOOHHH so good!
THERE! That was easy! Join me tomorrow for day 4! Off to my kitchen I go…
Let’s head together to the dining room!
Here’s 3 things for us to do:
1. If you have a buffet table, storage bins, or shelves in the dining room: clean off the top of them and organize the inside including throwing out as much as you can! It can be painful but every crevice of our houses do not need to be stuffed or overflowing. Pick out a few things you can put in the Good-will box. This box should be overflowing by the end of the week!
2. Head to the closet/drawer where your table cloths, napkins, and place-mats are stored. Let’s get rid of what we don’t use or don’t want! Just because it’s nice or not broken doesn’t mean it should be kept!
3. Look around at the walls, lighting etc. Grab the Good-will bin and see if there’s anything else you can get rid of. Take a damp cloth and wipe spots and dust off the light.
Let’s take a stroll today into the living room. Here is where most of your day culminates! Therefore, here is where stuff collects! A clean living room is not only one that looks clean, but one an x-ray machine would reveal is also organized!
1. Send the toys where they belong- in the kid’s bedroom! If you don’t have any toys in your living room than survey your knick knacks and see if you can send some to your Good-will box.
2. Pull out the cushions and clean out the toys, change, garbage that has collected there. Now, vacuum or sweep under your couches.
3. (my favorite thing to do) Re-arrange your furniture to better fit what the room is most used for. Maybe you need to take out a table or chair to make it roomier!